Careers – Assistant Project Manager
Purpose of Position:
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Project Manager (APM) to obtain, evaluate, coordinate and distribute the information and authorizations needed to construct the project within the established goals for quality, timeliness, budget, profitability, safety and customer satisfaction. The APM shall work with the Project Administrator (PA) to coordinate PA tasks and may delegate tasks to the PA if deemed acceptable by the PM.
APM responsibilities will vary by project and by individual APM’s level of experience and ability. These responsibilities are determined by the PM/SPM, and include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform duties as directed by project manager.
- Display competent knowledge of all contract documents.
- Review all project estimates.
- Assist with the purchasing of materials, equipment and subcontractors.
- Assist with the review and finalization of contract.
- Preparation and presentation of the Construction Plan for each project..
- Obtain and distribute contract documents to HG personnel and subcontractors.
- Establish an office set of project plans and specifications.
- Review and understand the contract specifications and drawings.
- Obtain, review and organize all project submittals for distribution. Confirm the products are in conformance with the project specifications.
- Assist with setting up of project files for submittals, RFIs, change orders, architectural supplemental instructions (ASIs), equipment delivery, etc.
- Set-up manpower loading chart and update weekly.
- Prepare project budget set-up (cost codes) to establish labor tracking and forecasting.
- Establish a productive working relationship with entire project team, HG staff, owner, architect, engineer, subcontractors, vendors and all others involved in the project.
- Anticipate deficiencies (design errors, missing drawing details, missing documents, etc.) and take steps to timely resolve.
- Update the office and site set of documents with addenda and changes.
- Continuously monitor project budgets and review with project manager weekly.
- Review labor cost codes and manpower loading with field superintendent weekly.
- Update and review equipment delivery schedules weekly with field superintendent.
- Prepare, update and review a detailed project schedule with project team.
- Conduct quality control inspections of all work installed.
- Attend subcontractor and/or coordination meetings weekly.
- Prepare proposed change orders: Including notifying subs and others of the change in scope work, obtain quotations, performing material take-off and price changes, etc.
- Update and maintain the project change order log.
- Presentation of the change order documentation when required.
- Update the project cost budget for change orders and adjustments.
- Write subcontractor and supplier change orders.
- Review and compose project requests for information (RFIs).
- Track submittals for project construction, coordination and distribution to project team.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of project review documentation monthly.
- Advise superintendent of unsafe conditions observed and review and manage the HG weekly safety audits. Also ensure subcontractor compliance.
- Prepare invoices / billings (schedule of values) for PM to review and approve. Also follow up with customer on monthly payments.
- Prepare documentation relative to delays, changes in work conditions, schedules, etc. to be reviewed and distributed by the PM.
- Take a proactive approach by anticipating future project requirements and needs.
- Assist with compiling the final pay application and lien waivers.
- Notify and coordinate all punch list issues with project team.
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of the equipment start-up, owner training and commissioning if required.
- Assist with and distribute Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manuals per the contract requirements.
- Oversee the timely completion and distribute the project as-built documentation.
- Prepare a list of subcontractors and contact persons for warranty work.
- Prepare warranty documentation.
- Attend Post Construction meeting.