Careers – Estimator
To professionally prepare a complete and thorough estimate for the HGCI trades including all subcontracts and equipment pricing and to bring this estimate to the point of review by Management.
Reports to Chief Estimator.
- Prepare and implement an estimate plan for assigned projects according to HGCI procedures.
- Utilize the task list as a tool to implement an estimate plan.
- Review all problems of take-off conditions and document interpretation and provide an analysis to Manager for direction.
- Perform the take-off with speed and accuracy in accordance with HGCI procedures.
- Develop and be responsible for initial subcontractor or equipment vendors’ contact as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and convey project related instructions, information, questions, and clarifications between management and various vendor/subcontract groups.
- Notify manager of irregularities in vendor/subcontract quotations and unusual labor situations.
- Analyze changes in scope effectively and provide an estimate maximizing the HGCI profit potential of each scope change.
- Review all reported document scope and take-off inconsistencies and provide direction to estimating department that is in keeping with HGCI procedures.
- Review the estimate prior to bid wrap-up to insure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop, implement, and review take-off procedures for non-standard work.
- Verify that only work as shown on the documents or as instructed by the Manager is included in the take-off. Note all of your take-off assumptions and explain to supervisor.
- Prepare estimates that can easily be used as cost control/management tools by the operating personnel.
- Decide course of action quickly.
- Other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Update trade take-off as needed thru out the bidding process and provide complete prints to chief/lead estimator for incorporation into the bid.