Careers – Project Manager
Purpose of Position:
It is the responsibility of the PM to make a major positive impact upon our relationships with our customers and the prosperity and stability of assigned projects through the consistent application of energetic, accountable, competent leadership. The PM shall use their inherent intuition, intelligence, experience, skills and wisdom to proactively assist management and the project team to protect the interests of the Company and ensure projects are built on time and in budget (maximizing profitability) with quality, professionalism and integrity consistent with the vision, values and culture of the Company. The PM has overall responsibility for the project within established goals for quality, timeliness, budget, profitability, and safety, with a major focus on customer satisfaction.
The PM may be assisted by an Assistant Project Manager. The APM may be assigned some project management responsibilities and authorities as determined by the PM. These responsibilities will vary by project and by individual APM’s level of experience and ability. These responsibilities of the PM are summarized, and include but are not limited to the following:
- Foster and maintain a preferential working relationship with our customers.
- Train and develop Assistant Project Managers.
- Define and lead all pre-construction activities.
- Review all project estimates with a focus on the details and general conditions.
- Work with Estimator to review Value Engineering Process.
- Purchase all materials, equipment and subcontractors not bought out by the estimating or purchasing department.
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Assist with the review and finalization of contract.
- Conduct and document the Construction Plan Meetings for each assigned project.
- Formulate the construction schedule.
- Maintain an up-to-date set of project plans and specifications as required.
- Have an understanding of the design documents and the intent of the project.
- Obtain, review and organize all project submittals for distribution when required. Confirm the products are in conformance with the project specifications.
- Maintain the project files for submittals, RFIs, change orders, architectural supplemental instructions (ASIs), equipment delivery, etc.
- Define all manpower requirements (with the assistance of the superintendent) and finalize and/or set-up the manpower loading chart and review weekly updates.
- Prepare project budget set-up (cost codes) to establish labor tracking and forecasting.
- Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with entire project team, HG staff, owner, architect, engineer, subcontractors, vendors and all others involved in the project.
- Proactively assist the project team by anticipating deficiencies (design errors, missing drawing details, missing documents, etc.) and take steps to timely resolve.
- Manage subcontractors.
- Update the office and site set of documents with addenda and changes when required.
- Continuously monitor project budgets.
- Review labor cost codes and manpower loading with field superintendent and or project engineer regularly.
- Maintain equipment delivery schedules and review with project team regularly.
- Maintain and update detailed project schedules monthly.
- Conduct quality control inspections of all work installed.
- Attend subcontractor and/or coordination meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare and process proposed change orders: Including notifying subs and others of the change in scope work, obtaining quotations, performing material take-off and price changes, etc.
- Review and compose project requests for information (RFIs).
- Track submittals for project construction, coordination and distribution to project team.
- Submit all invoices / billings (schedule of values). Follow up with customer on monthly payments.
- Maintain and prepare all documentation relative to delays, changes in work conditions, schedules, etc.
- Ensure a proactive approach by anticipating future project requirements and needs.
- Prepare and maintain project closeout schedule.
- Compile the final pay application and lien waivers.
- Notify and coordinate all punch list issues with project team.
- Notify subcontractors and suppliers of required closeout documents.
- Verify that project is ready for final inspection and acceptance.
- Coordinate and schedule the equipment start-up, owner training and commissioning if required.
- Prepare and distribute Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manuals per the contract requirements.
- Manage the completion and distribution of the project as-built documentation.
- Prepare warranty documentation and closeout report for Post Construction Meeting.