Grodsky has had a continuous partnership with Western New England University for over 20 years now. In that span, we have performed the majority of the major mechanical and plumbing work on campus, mostly on a Design Build basis.
Some highlights of our more recent Design Build projects on campus are:
• Construction of the largest dormitory on campus, Commonwealth Hall
• Construction of the Evergreen Dorms – a project for which we were able to obtain the
highest Energy Star rating using ground source heat pump systems
• Construction of the new Welcome Center, another Energy Star project
• Construction of a new Boiler Plant, and conversion of over 100,000 sf of existing
buildings from electric to hot water heating
• Construction of the newest dorm, Southwood Dormitory, the first building on campus
built to LEED certifiable standards
Grodsky’s ability to provide Western New England University with the best all-around construction value through the Design Build process has been integral to the College’s overall success on these projects.